National News By Agency 2: Violet Anderson was found hanging by her distraught mother at the family's home in Southwark, south London, on April 17 last year.
Paramedics tried to save the youngster, but she died at hospital later the same day. Now a coroner has ruled it was a "tragic accident" as Ikea vowed to add new wording to the warning signs on its cots, going "over and above" British standards.
They did have a hypoallergenic, less sweaty, etc version, and it did look better. L cm x W 87cm x H cm Weight:
Violet's parents Jennifer and Graham cried as the coroner recorded an accidental death conclusion. Gary Robertson, the Swedish furniture company 's deputy country risk manager, said the hooks were intended to be screwed into walls and were never marketed alongside cots, either online or in stores.
If you have a second child, you might need to use it as a cot again for them, so you'll might never have a chance to convert it to a bed for your older child after all. Ours, rather unusually, came on the high seas, some twenty years ago.
He said the company had drafted new wording for its cot warning signs, set to be used within the next six months, which reads: It may become a catch hazard for your baby. We are adding additional wording which goes over and above British standards. REX Violet had been put to bed by her mother after the pair returned home from a children's party at around midday.
Mrs Anderson had checked on her baby every hour afterwards, until she made the discovery at around 3pm.
She rushed her baby to a neighbour's house, where resuscitation attempts were made on the kitchen floor while paramedics were called to the scene. They arrived at 3.
However, doctors soon realised further attempts would be "futile" and Violet was pronounced dead at 4. A post-mortem examination found a soft ligature mark on Violet's neck, but no other suspicious marks and no evidence of significant disease.
At Southwark Coroner's Court, coroner Sarah Ormond-Walshe gave the medical cause of death as hanging and recorded a conclusion that it was the result of an accident. It's not designed to be screwed into the cot and is being sold essentially separately It's obviously one of the most upsetting sets of circumstances that we sadly have to deal with as coroners, which is a month-old baby - very well cared for - at the family home that has been put in its cot and found a short time later, having been checked over approximately every hour, where a bit of its clothing became caught in a plastic hook which had been attached to the cot at one point.
By the time the mother has found Violet she was not in a state where she could survive. There has been no other similar case at all. The hook is not part of the same product range as the cot.
It's not designed to be screwed into the cot and is being sold essentially separately. They may become a catch hazard which may result in injury to your baby.
В© 2016 - 2018 Business_Blog. All rights reserved | Template by W3layouts